Monday, July 14, 2008

Connex 24/7 Interview with Eric Carlson



Edward: Hey Eric, welcome to Connex247 family!! Tell us: who is Eric Carlson? How do you describe yourself?

Eric Carlson: I would describe myself as an extremely energetic guy who is loving every minute of his life. I truly wake up everyday excited about what the Universe will bring me this day to play & interact with. Writing books, speaking to audience's, training camps, and working with the fitness industry keeps my plate full with a plethora of great things to for me to create with. I am loving life.

Edward: You have such a terrific background. World Fitness Model and World best abs 2006, Fitness Model Universe 2005, Model America 2004 and cover of lots of fitness magazines!! Tell us about those experiences and how did all started?

Eric Carlson: Thank you for asking, I am very proud of the fact that I am the only fitness model currently in the world to hold three-National Fitness Modeling Titles. How that all started was strong desire to become more than I currently was in my life. I had been practicing a spiritually-empowered way of life for many years now and everything was starting to really flow for me. I knew how powerful the media has become today so I wanted to gain some positive exposure for my expanding seminar training company Leading Edge Power, so I decided to find a very big challenge to bring attention to the teachings that are found in my seminars.

Eric Carlson: I saw a poster for the Fitness Model America Championships hosted by Muscle Mania, had a flash of insight, and later that was registered for my FIRST ever competition. I had know idea what I was doing, but what I teach is that "you can create anything you want in life" so I believed this and even though I didn't know a thing about competing, I knew somehow I would win that event.

I trust my intuition & started to focus daily with my visualization process and six months later I was standing there with a huge smile on my face, an extremely self-empowered feeling, and my first ever National Title- Model America 2004. People began to notice and soon I was asked to shoot for dozens of magazines, covers, infomercials, TV talk shows (like Ellen Degeneres) and print ads as the months followed.

I was asked a lot if I would compete again and my feeling was no, probably not. I didn't even commit to the Universe competition until 48 hours prior to the competition. I had been working with my visualization technuiqe in one experience I saw myself winning the Universe title. I popped out of that meditation and jump on the phone to call Louis Zwick from Muscle Mania to see if I could still get on stage in 48 hours if I hopped a plane from LA to Miami?


Eric Carlson: I was told as long as I made the early morning meeting at 7am Saturday, I could compete. I made it to Miami around 11 pm Friday night and before a whole 24 hours had passed I was again smiling while being handed my second National Title- Model Universe 2005. I again trusted my intuition and everything lined up perfectly for me.

Again on the talk shows & interviews I was asked if i would compete for 3rd title? Naw, I'm retired I'd say. I did say that if their was an invitation only competition for some of the best, then maybe. Then Clark Bartram at his Golden State FAME Show created the World's Best AB's competition and because I love & respect Clark's work so much, I agreed to compete. That is where I picked up the Worlds Best AB's trophy.

I then went to cheer on my buddy Matus who was competing here in my town of Hermosa Beach, CA and back stage he mentioned a new fitness modeling competition that was going to be at the Olympia this year, World's Fittest Model 2006. That was exciting to me because I have always wanted to go to the Olympia to see these top level athletes compete.

Eric Carlson: This was an audition process from city to city and the company, Hard Body Entertainment, had already passed through L.A. so I missed my shot at a live audition. I sent in my audition information with a few shots of me in the backyard to the company via their sign up process online.

8 weeks later I get call saying I have been chosen from over 1000 athletes to compete at the Olympia Fitness Model Championships. Talk about an exciting call! They only pick 15 men & 15 women from 1000's of applications. I was honored. By the end of this exciting weekend I was awarded first place for the World's Fittest Model. This wild ride has kept me very busy with magazines, seminars, interviews, and TV appearance's. I am so grateful for everything!


Edward: Whats your secret to be in a good shape and what´s the part of your body u like most and why?


Eric Carlson: My secret to being in good shape always is being consistent with my diet, exercise, mediation-visualization, and play time. I eat for a purpose 90% of the time. I know how much protein, carbs, and fat, vitamin, minerals, and supplements I need daily to run a peak performance so maintain a routine. Best part of my body i would have to say my abs. Lean, muscular and cut.


Edward: What´s fame and success for you? And if you could choose 3-5 important things for your life and 3 amazing places around the world to have fun, which one you´d choose and why?


Eric: Fame and success means I have the opportunity to share with others the amazing possibilities we all have to create the life we desire. Having fame opens a door and creates a platform for which I can choose to stand on to say "hey, life is good. Life is supposed to be fun. I did it, so can you!"


Eric Carlson: When people see that someone no better them or than anyone else was able to focus his attention so diligently that he was able to create everything he said he would, people then have hope that they to can have anything they want in life.. Success, well that has to come in all seven areas of life I think, lack in one area and then other parts of your life may become unstable or unsuccessful. Success is being happy, prosperous, and free.


Edward: What do u think about having fans from different parts of the world with such unique life styles, cultures and so on? How do u rate importance about it?

Eric Carlson: I love having fans from all over the world! I think it is so cool that a guy or girl sends me an email from the far reach's of the planet to say hello & thanks for the inspiration. These people are very important to me, if one of those individuals becomes inspired to a new way of life because he/she saw a photo of mine, read my books, saw this interview, etc. that is awesome to me! Think about the people they will influence and so on....

Edward: And talking about fans, just imagine a situation: You are anonymous in a crowd. Nobody notices you. Then all of a sudden, a fan approaches you and reveals to others that you are a model from a popular fashion campaign. The excitement takes over and the crowd gets wild. How would you handle it?

Eric Carlson: I would look them all in the eyes best I can and "say it is a pleasure to meet you all," I would then look for key people I usually have around me anyways to start to clear some space for me so we can greet these fans properly. If it becomes to out of hand, I feel no worries that I will be taken from the scene to a calmer location until things calm down.

Edward: What do you think about modeling world? As a model u think u´ve already achieved your main purposes in the modeling market? If not, which modeling agencies, fashion campaigns and designers u´d like to work for?

Eric Carlson: I think the modeling world is great, fun times. You really get to meet some great people from all walks of life. There can be fun travel, fun people to work with, and it is cool when people walk up say, "hey aren't you?" Learning patientce is crucial in this business, and leaving the ego at the door is a must. God made us beautiful according to societies image of what is beautiful, we just get to enjoy the ride-be nice.

I will continue to model for the sheer fun of it, especially for fitness magazines and covers. Media is the king.

Edward: Do you think we now live in a better world concerning issues like family, religion, race, freedom and sexual behavior?

Eric Carlson: I think there is no better time to be on this planet than now. I do believe we are now a society that has been trained to focus all of our attention on the things we DO NOT want in life. We are taught/trained by our religions, our parent, the media, and the government to focus what is not working, instead of focusing on what we would like to happen. Thats why the sick are getting sicker, the poorer are getting poorer, wars are breaking out at home and across the globe, and why the most powerful entity on the planet is a religious organization-FEAR.

FEAR conquers all and we are now a society afraid of standing up for our individual right to feel good, and to enjoy life. I think that's why there is so much chaos happening today. I think everyone knows their are inherently supposed to feel good, and when they look out into the world it becomes hard if almost not impossible to do so. I believe this extreme contrast we are now seeing is giving birth to a new era for humanity. I feel this shift so let it be easy, don't fight what is.

Edward: Eric, thanks so much for sharing your story with us. Tell us about your website and your expectations for this year

Eric Carlson: MY website is www.EricCarlsonFitness.com, or you can find me on my space. This year I have release my first publication called thewww.FitnessModelBible.com which everyone is grabbing up now. This book was fun to right because I know so many people want to be successful in life and they just don't know how to take the first step. This book lays out a step by step system to achieving this. It has my meal plans, workouts, "black book" of contacts, my ab training guide, and more.




I also plan to travel to most of the major fitness shows across the country so look for me and come say hi, I love meeting new people.

For more info please visit www.EricCarlsonFitness.com

No comments: